[daip] Recreation of a catalog in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:47:46 EDT 2007

Ciriaco Goddi writes:
 > Dear all,
 >
 >  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =   163896
 >  ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 167828481 THRU = 167829504 BEYOND EOF = 167827456
 >  ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
 > MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT

     What is wrong is the message file in the first data area named
MSDuuu000.uuu; where uuu is your user number ion extended hex.

 > To rid of the messages (they appeared in correspondence of each line of
 > the aips messages), apart other things,
 > I (wrongly) deleted the CAD files in all the disks. I thought that
 > relaunching
 > AIPS, it would have created new CAD files, but it didn't. In similar
 > cases, in the past, I used to give the command RUN RECAT in the linux
 > shell

   running aips would create new CA files but they would not know
anything about your previous data.  The correct solution is to run
from the shell  RUN RECAT.  You may have to define things first:

    cd $AIPS_ROOT
    source LOGIN.CSH          (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
    $CDTST
    RUN RECAT

If that does not work, send me what it says.

Eric Greisen