[daip] ANBPL

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 28 12:16:30 EDT 2006

Andy Biggs wrote:

> Fantastic! I always forget that UVPLT is an alternative when I want to
> plot quantities per baseline. Anyway, UVPLT displays the correct
> elevation of the antenna. Is there an error in ANBPL?

I do not know. As I understand Amy can not reproduce an error at ANBPL

> By the way, I have another question about UVCON. I can't seem to get
> the primary beam correction to work. I set bparm(6) = 1 for the VLA,
> but the amplitudes displayed in VPLOT appear unaffacted compared to
> bparm(6) = 0.

UVCON picks up the antenna diameter from the INFILE. Check the relevant
column at the INFILE

What is the model?
Is it described my the the image given at IN2FILE (CMODEL='imag') or by
the list of
CC components attached to the image (CMODEL='comp', BCOMP, NCOMP
or
IN2FILE ='' and therefore the model is described by  SMODEL

Clearly, The effect of the primary beam is seen only if the model size
is not negligibly small in comparison
with the primary beam size.
CHECK IT!!!!!!

I am sure that UVCON works with the primary beam correction. I used it
many times.

Leonid Kogan