[daip] AIPS with lots of spectral channels

Chris Phillips Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Tue Oct 3 18:50:12 EDT 2006

Hi Amy,

> I don't think that would have a negative impact on people with less spectral
> points, it just depends on how much memory you have.

Well I consider allocating (large amounts of) memory that is not used as
negative impact... Unused memory means less memory for disk cache etc.

> BTW, it can significantly mess things up if you
> change the installation and then run the midnight job.

Yep understood - was planning on using in a fresh installation

> But I have a vague
> recollection that you guys have an old version on AIPS, is that true?

31DEC05, with MNJ run over the weekend. Eric and I merges some local ATNF
changes into the NRAO version a couple of years ago.

I would also have 31DEC06 but don't have time (officially have no time to
support AIPS, but no-one else is doing it here).

Thanks
Chris