[daip] [Fwd: Re: frequency channel information in IMHEADER]

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:43:10 EDT 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [daip] frequency channel information in IMHEADER
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:42:51 -0600
From: Amy Mioduszewski <amiodusz at nrao.edu>
To: Joseph.Lazio at nrl.navy.mil,  daip at nrao.edu

Hi Joe,

Well to start, the labeling on the single channels made separately
SHOULD be the lower edge.  But without details of how you made the
images I cannot be sure.

The rest of your message I am confused about (probably because I am not
a spectral line expert) but are you both trying to make a cube and
concatenate channels?

This is what EXPLAIN MCUBE says about the frequency axis:

2. The interval between planes is given by: frequency of map
        (IN2SEQ) - frequency of (INSEQ) divided by (AX2REF - AXREF).

Cheers,

Amy