[daip] [HelpDesk #20402] "Using Aips" web page

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 3 17:03:06 EDT 2006

Hi Gayle,

It looks mostly correct, I just have a few small edits:

Local Tape Access
    - put an e.g., before the example, most people don't need to set the
      DENSITY, so putting an e.g. just tells them this is an example they
      don't have to run it this way

Remote Tape Access
    - under 2. put single quotes (') around ALFIRK.

Killing and restarting TPMON processes
    - Since it is very important that people be logged in as AIPS to
      start TPMON processes I think this should be mentioned explicitly
      at the top.  So the second sentence of this section should be
      something like this:
        In order to do so, log on to the remote machine *as AIPS* (this
        is very important) using ...
      emphasize the "as AIPS" as you please.

Thanks,

Amy