[daip] Re: FITLDing CD-ROMs

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 3 16:55:30 EDT 2006

      Please use daip so that the rest of the group (one with much ore
system expertise) can see the messages.  That person replied to me

Has he tried copying the file on to a hardrive?  If it works from the
hard-drive there maybe permissions issues with the cd/dvd drive. If it
fails from the hardrive, have him try changing the name of the file
and see if that does it i.e.get rid of the + in the file name.

Looking at the messages below I see some odd stuff - IMLOD and FOTLD
use the same routine for "tape" opens and should get the same result.
IMLOD found the file but could not add a non-blocking lock to the
file.  FITLD could not find the file.  Is the CD really mounted a a
true disk or is it a FAT32 file system or some such?

Eric Greisen