[daip] Re: FITLDing CD-ROMs

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 3 15:08:02 EDT 2006

Jim Condon writes:

 > I tried treating a CD-ROM as a disk file in FITLD.  FITLD failed,
 > perhaps because the CD-ROM has no write permission.  Could FITLD be
 > changed to read data directly from a CD-ROM?

We do it fairly often - there is no need for write permission.

In fact we have used DVDs as AIPS disks including RW as full AIPS
disks (that only worked some times depending on device type, driver,
etc).  They have worked fine as read-only file systems.

Send me info on what you do and what FITLD says.