[daip] PCCOR question

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Sat Jun 24 13:47:03 EDT 2006

Dayton,

You wrote:

If we were to convert the round-trip phase data into an equivalent
delay, and put those values into the CABLE_CAL column of a PC table,
would PCCOR be able to apply these corrections to the visibility
phases even if there were no other data in the PC table?

Yes PCCOR would be able to do when I carry out a big modification of its codes.
This option would be far awway from the main purpose of PCCOR: application of the pulse
cal to correct delays at the receivers IFs. Even if I carry out this modification for you
I'd not like to put the modified PCCOR into the AIPS system.

Now I think that using couple of AIPS task TBIN, TBOUT can solve your problem more simple:

1. Create any SN table with the given 100 rows of times, source, antenna.....
   and any values at the real/image. This SN table should be identical to you current
   PC table but with different real/image column

2. Create the text file for the given SN table. Task TBOUT can do it for you

3. Edit the output text file to enter your values at the columns real/imag and
   possible other columns also.  You have only 100 rows. So even if you edit the
   text file by hands it fill cost you 1-2 hours job. But you can to write
   a simple fortran program for this editing also.

 You wrote:
    >If we were to convert the round-trip phase....

I do not know what the "convert" mean. Possibly, this convert cost you a similar time
 job also

4.Run the aips task TBIN using your edited file as input. and you get the SN table you wish!!!

Let me know please what do you think about this

Leonia