[daip] PCCOR question

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 22 20:16:28 EDT 2006

Dayton,

I have loadded your fits file in AIPS and printed out the PC table.

I see now the format of your PC table: CABLE_CAL =0sec;  PC_FREQ=0Hz;
PC_REAL, PC_IMAG= something

It is very different of what I expected to see and very different of the
standard PC table we obtain from VLBA correlator.  PCCOR uses usually
more than one tone for each IF and uses the relevant frequencies for
each tones.
I thoght that your cable delay is at the CABLE_CAL column of the PC
table and thought about modification of the PCCOR to apply the CABLE_CAL
column only.

Now when I see the actual format I think it is not good idea to add the
option in PCCOR for reading such an unusual PC table. PCCOR is very
complicate task and reading the unstandard PC table like yours will
require too much of modiification which will put PCCOR to far from the
main pass of its using.

I want to offer you to create SN table with your real and imag colums as
the relevant column of the SN table.

There are several ways to create it by hand: SNEDT, TBIN, TBOUT....

Leonia