[daip] SPLAT/CQ table

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 18 15:07:12 EST 2006

Lynn D. Matthews writes:
 > I have a VLBA data set where I have run SPLAT with DOCAL=-1, DOBAND=1 in
 > order to apply bandpass corrections generated using the autocorrelation
 > data. I wish to then run CPASS (or BPASS) again to generate another BP
 > table to correct the phases only.
 >
 > However, if I run any subsequent task on the SPLATTed file, I get the
 > warning:
 >
 > ** WARNING - Subarray   1 contains VLBA data, but no CQ data
 > ** to enable VLBA decorrelation corrections
 >
 > even though there is a non-empty CQ file attached. Has SPLAT already done
 > something with the CQ table? Also, is there a general danger of using
 > SPLAT if CVEL must subsequently be run on the data?

SPLAT should have written the CQ table out correctly.  If you set
SUBARRAY then the CQ table should include the data from that subarray
renumbered as subarray 1.  If you did not set SUBARRAY, then it should
include all data with the subarray not renumbered (or renumbered to 1
if APARM(3) > 0).  Not knowing how adverbs were set, I don't know how
to evaluate this.