[daip] AIPS binary installion: No MSGSERV and TEKSERV

Poonam Chandra pchandra at virginia.edu
Sun Dec 31 20:00:31 EST 2006

Dear AIPS HelpDesk,
	I did install the binary version of AIPS and I could install
without problem. However, when I start AIPS, TV comes properly but TEKSRV
and MSGSRV shows up for a fraction of a second and then disappear. I don't
get any error message too. This is what I get:
----
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 700, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
----

I was reading AIPS Manager FAQ and I realised that this is a common
problem in binary installation. However, I have proper entries in
/etc/services to give port numbers etc. Can you please help me?
Regards and Happy New Year,
Poonam

 Poonam Chandra
Jansky Postdoctoral Fellow