[daip] Editr Issue IF2 data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 23 13:40:52 EDT 2006

I have discovered that the case in which it seemed that I was getting
what you got was peculiar.  I had (for testing CALIB purposes) a FG
table that deleted IF 2 LL polarization entirely.  When FLAGVER was 1
or -1 that FG table was used.  When FLAGVER=0, the FG was not used and
both polarizations appeared as they should.

I think you get this situation only when the data are fully flagged -
deliberately or otherwise.  Check your FG table with PRTAB (or FGPLT)
to see if this has happened inadvertently.  Tasks like UVPRT are also
useful to see how the FG is applied.

You did say that earlier versions and the current version behave
differently.  Did you compile the current version on your computer?
If so, what compiler did you use?  Certain versions of the GNU
compiler are known to do bad things to AIPS including causing the
calibration routines to flag stuff they should not.