[daip] task DBCON

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 21 13:33:36 EDT 2005

Hi Hermine,

BJMIN and BJMAX?  I assume you mean BMIN and BMAJ.  How do you choose
those?  That should guide the value of BPA.  Why are you setting it
yourself and not letting IMAGR calculate it from the data?  It is better
to do that and try different weighting schemes (which will change the
beam size) to see what works best than to force a beam size.

Another suggestion is to try multi-resolution clean in IMAGR (see the
explain file).  That can also help with imaging.  I found that it did
not with the data I am working with but I am imaging relatively compact
sources.  If you have a lot of large scale wuffly structure it might
help you.

Cheers,

Amy