[daip] More 64 bit AIPS installation trouble

Samuel Conner samuelconner at mail.arczip.com
Tue Oct 4 21:48:59 EDT 2005

To Whom it may concern,

   I forced the architecture to LINUX and proceeded with the 31DEC04 install on my AMD 64 bit/FC3_64 machine, but it died quickly.

   My gcc-3.4.3 build failed until I configured it with a switch --disable-shared

   This permitted me to build gcc-3.4.3, but I infer that I need the shared libraries, because the install process dies an ugly death, complaining of the inability to locate -l(everything).

    So a supplementary question is whether you can help me with my gcc-3.4.3 build with the shared libraries.  The build crashes with the warning that /usr/bin/ld cannot locate the file

crti.o

 which happens to reside in /usr/lib64 on my FC3_64 installation. This error causes the linking of gcc to fail. g77 does build correctly, but not gcc.

  THanks for your time and trouble.

Sincerely yours,

Sam Conner