[daip] More 64 bit AIPS installation trouble

Wes Young wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 5 09:11:59 EDT 2005

Sam,

Well the first trick is going to be to get you a working compiler.
First check the documentation link off the http://www.gnu.org/
software/gcc/gcc.html page. I would also try the latest version of
gcc-3.4.4.  I'll take a bit more time to look at things once I get
into the office a bit later today.

We have anecdotal reports that AIPS works with 64bit and AMD at the
CFA.  Eric dealt with them but I believe he will be out-of-touch for
the next day or so.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu