[daip] [Fwd: aips problem ...]

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 3 15:43:36 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

O.K., our Mac expert said you need to generate ssh keys on both your
computers and put the keys in the authorized_key2 file on the other
computer.  I.e., generate the key on Jansky and put it in the
authorized_key2 file on Hollis and vice versa.  I have also noticed that
there is a entry about this with more details on the AIPS Manager's FAQ.
   Go to http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr and scroll down to "My
machine keeps asking for passwords".

About your laptop, since it gets different ip addresses it is better if
you force the name of your laptop to be LOCALHOST for AIPS purposes.  So
add a line to your HOST.LIST which says something like:
-  LOCALHOST  MAC   MYLAPTOP     NONE Hollis

Cheers,

Amy