[daip] Re: Troubles reading DAT

Josh Winn jwinn at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 27 08:20:33 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem. I tried the following:

(1) Recompiling AIPS using $ARCH=SUL. This resulted in lots of compiler
errors. I assume this is because my machine is not a Sparcstation, it's a
SunBlade.

(2) Downloading a new version of 31DEC05 from NRAO, and re-compiling
using $ARCH=SOL.  I verified that CCOPTS.SH had the added line,
   COMP="$COMP -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
This did not work. I get the same error message as before in FITLD,

FITLD1: ZEXPND: EXPANSION FAILED ON FILE DA02:UVD00K001.1PM;      NREC =
         149351
FITLD1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA02:UVD00K001.1PM;
FITLD1: ZERROR: IN ZEXPN2 ERRNO = 27 (File too large)
FITLD1: FILE EXPANSION FAILED - QUITTING

once the file reaches >2Gb.

What is especially bizarre and frustrating to me is that when I was
running 31DEC03, I did not have this problem - only after I upgraded did
this problem occur, which is making my work impossible.

Do you have any more ideas on what I might do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Josh