[daip] Re: question regarding VLA 4IF mode data

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Mon Jul 18 15:57:54 EDT 2005

> > The binary installation seems to have worked.  However, the
> > problem with the 2nd IF is still persisting.  Do you know
> > any parameter in aips that will force averaging of the two
> > IF data for all programs?  Again, any idea what "AVG 2"
> > means in TVFLG window?  When I run TVFLG on the same data
> > loaded in using FILLM with DOUVCOMP=-1, I get "AVG 3".
>
>    Now I am very confused - the issue with the 2nd IF does NOT occur
> on one of your computers but it does on the one you are now using?
> Even after taking a  new binary installation?  Even after running
> FILLM over again?

This was a good suggestion.  I ran FILLM again, and I got a DIFFERENT
result.  Now, I can run TVFLG, and I can see the 2nd IF data.
However, the amplitude for the 2nd IF are all about 10000 times
larger than 1st IF.  This seems to be pointing us toward the compilation
of FILLM indeed.  Is there anything else I can test to narrow down
the problem?  I will ask the local sysman whether an older version
of gnu compiler can be restored.

 					-- Min