[daip] Re: question regarding VLA 4IF mode data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 20 10:38:12 EDT 2005

Min S. Yun writes:
 > > If you did a binary installation then all your load modules should
 > > have been replaced by our load modules which work for us - at least on
 > > RedHat systems.  Yes - I figured that the problem could be in FILLM
 > > although the cal system and TVFLG have often had compiler issues as
 > > well.
 > >
 > > Are you sure that you really did a binary istall?
 >
 > Always a fine question.  I think I did.  I had the full tar ball
 > in the same directory.  I removed the last 2 lines of the .AIPSRC
 > file as usual.  Then I typed "perl install.pl -n" as instructed.
 > I skipped the usual questions like "download the tar ball?" and
 > proceeded with the installation.  TVFLG definitely ran differently.
 > What else would be a good indicator that I did a binary installation
 > correctly?

Several things

The ~/.AIPSRC file should have a line like

INSTALL_FROM_NET = YES

The $SYSLOCAL area should contain a 0-byte file named

RSYNC.ME

The $LOAD area should have dates that are different - either much
older than your compiled installation if our dates were retained or
all the same and more recent than your compiled installation.

ERic Greisen