[daip] Re: question regarding VLA 4IF mode data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:57:27 EDT 2005

Min S. Yun writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > The binary installation seems to have worked.  However, the
 > problem with the 2nd IF is still persisting.  Do you know
 > any parameter in aips that will force averaging of the two
 > IF data for all programs?  Again, any idea what "AVG 2"
 > means in TVFLG window?  When I run TVFLG on the same data
 > loaded in using FILLM with DOUVCOMP=-1, I get "AVG 3".

    Now I am very confused - the issue with the 2nd IF does NOT occur
on one of your computers but it does on the one you are now using?
Even after taking a  new binary installation?  Even after running
FILLM over again?

The AVG parameter has to do with how many times are averaged by
default in the display -- not the grid --- in TVFLG.  You can tell it
not to average when display (and flagging) but then the full TVFLG
grid cannot be seen at any one time.

 > This may be related, but when I run "RESTORE 0", I would have
 > expected all the stored parameters would reset, but TGET something
 > still remembers what parameters I used before.  Is this
 > something new as of last few years?

TGET always gets the last parameters actually used while RESTORE 0
replaces the parameters with initial values.  These behaviors have
never changed.