[daip] Re: question regarding VLA 4IF mode data

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:40:31 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

The binary installation seems to have worked.  However, the
problem with the 2nd IF is still persisting.  Do you know
any parameter in aips that will force averaging of the two
IF data for all programs?  Again, any idea what "AVG 2"
means in TVFLG window?  When I run TVFLG on the same data
loaded in using FILLM with DOUVCOMP=-1, I get "AVG 3".

This may be related, but when I run "RESTORE 0", I would have
expected all the stored parameters would reset, but TGET something
still remembers what parameters I used before.  Is this
something new as of last few years?

 					-- Min

Min S. Yun				e-mail: myun at astro.umass.edu
Associate Professor			phone:  (413) 545-2215
Astronomy Department			FAX:    (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts             http://www.astro.umass.edu/~myun
Amherst, MA 01003