[daip] AIPS task SPFLG ...

Dharam Vir Lal dharam at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Jul 18 14:27:05 EDT 2005

> > surprisingly, it is diplaying very small (it is very small!,
> > some 8 channels per baseline for a single timerange) amount of data ...
> >
> > all entries as defaults and
> > i also tried, using DPARM(6)=16 (which is integration time for GMRT
> > continuum data).
> > the input file is a single-source split file with 8 chan, 2 stokes ...
> >
> > even giving the full time range, does not help.
> >
> > please inform, what am i missing ...
>
> I do not know what you expect.  With 8 spectral channels in the data
> SPFLG will show only 8 channels and a single stokes in each display of
> the data from 1 baseline and whatever times are in the data or the
> time-range.
>
> You can display any chosen baseline or any chosen stokes using the
> menus to select them.

no, the input data has 8 channels, 2 stokes and large timerange
(nearly 9 hours!). but, it is displaying only ONE time-stamp.

even for un-SPLAT file, where i have 128 channels, ...
SPFLG displays all 128 channels, a single stokes, BUT only one time-stamp.
the message server shows "BLC 1 1; TRC 128 1208", which is correct!.

Dharam.