[daip] AIPS task SPFLG ...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 14:01:18 EDT 2005

Dharam Vir Lal writes:

 > are there any specific entries that one needs to make in SPFLG ?
 > surprisingly, it is diplaying very small (it is very small!,
 > some 8 channels per baseline for a single timerange) amount of data ...
 >
 > all entries as defaults and
 > i also tried, using DPARM(6)=16 (which is integration time for GMRT
 > continuum data).
 > the input file is a single-source split file with 8 chan, 2 stokes ...
 >
 > even giving the full time range, does not help.
 >
 > please inform, what am i missing ...

I do not know what you expect.  With 8 spectral channels in the data
SPFLG will show only 8 channels and a single stokes in each display of
the data from 1 baseline and whatever times are in the data or the
time-range.

You can display any chosen baseline or any chosen stokes using the
menus to select them.