[daip] Re: question regarding VLA 4IF mode data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 11:49:13 EDT 2005

Do I understand your query correctly - you are finding that aips
behaves differently on the same data when run on different machines?

If that is the case, can you tell me about the two machines - namely
operating system and which Fortran compiler was used on each.

To tell the latter - go to $SYSLOCAL and look at LDOPTS.SH which will
have the COMPILER= line (careful - the lat one that is not commented
out) to define the compiler <name>.  Then do

<name> --version

e.g.

primate<843>$ /usr/local/compilers/9/gcc_3.2.3/bin/g77 --version
GNU Fortran (GCC 3.2.3) 3.2.3 20030422 (release)