[daip] Re: UVFLG Issues

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:02:19 EST 2005

landon at inaoep.mx writes:

Please use daip at nrao.edu.  I am planning several weeks of vacation in
the next few months - so let someone else i the group have a chance at
problems....

 > I am trying to flag all UV data for baselines involving antenna 5 for a certain
 > time range using UVFLG. Before I do any flagging, I UVPLT my UV data (Ampl. vs.
 > time) for all baselines and see many visibilities. I then use UVFLG with the
 > following inputs:
 >
 > ANTENNAS 5; BASELINE 0; INFILE ''; TIMERANG 0 7 41 03 0 11 17 18; BCHAN 0; ECHAN
 > 0
 >
 > I recieve the message "Appears to have ended successfully"
 > Then I try a UVPLT of my flagged data (for all baselines and ) and I recieve a
 > message that UVPLT finds 0 points.
 >
 > Why are these inputs resulting in a flagging of all my data?

Given that you have not shown me your inputs, it is rather hard to
tell.  The adverb values shown above seem sensible.  But you are not
showing the rest of the inputs to UVFLG or UVPLT.

It would be best to first examine the FG table.  Use PRTAB with
INEXT-'FG' and DOHMS=1.  Does it show what you expect?  If not, the
problem lies in the use of UVFLG, else in the use of UVPLT.