[daip] Re: UVFLG Issues

landon at inaoep.mx landon at inaoep.mx
Wed Jan 19 18:59:53 EST 2005

Hi, here are my inputs for UVFLG. I am sure that is where the problem is
occurring.

>inp uvflg
AIPS 1: UVFLG:  Task to Flag selected UV data on disk.
AIPS 1: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'TRK1510FLG  '          UV data (name).
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                UV data (class).
AIPS 1: INSEQ         7                    UV data (seq. #).  0 => high
AIPS 1: INDISK        0                    Disk unit #.  0 => any
AIPS 1: INFILE     *all ' '                Text file name.
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Sources selected/deselected
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray number 0=>all.
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to flag (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to flag (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        0                    Freq. ID to flag. -1=>all.
AIPS 1:                                    0=> first Freq. ID.
AIPS 1: TIMERANG      0           7        Time: start day,hr,min,sec
AIPS 1:              41           3              stop day,hr,min,sec.
AIPS 1:               0          11          17          17
AIPS 1: BCHAN         0                    First frequency channel
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    Last channel 0=>all
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    First IF 0=>1
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Last IF 0=>all
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS      5           5        Antennas
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
AIPS 1: BASELINE   *all 0                  Baselines with ANTENNAS
AIPS 1: STOKES     '    '                  Stokes' parameters
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version number
AIPS 1:                                       Used w single-source too
AIPS 1: APARM         1           1        Clip on ampl. and weight
AIPS 1:               1           1        (single source data only)
AIPS 1:               1           1        1:lower limit of amplitude
AIPS 1:               1           1        2:upper limit of amplitude
AIPS 1:               1           1        3:limit of weight
AIPS 1:                                    The data with ampl. outside
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1:                                    of a given range or  weight
AIPS 1:                                    less the given value are
AIPS 1:                                    flagged (unflagged)
AIPS 1:                                      Elevation flagging
AIPS 1:                                    (single and multisource)
AIPS 1:                                    4:elevation cutoff (deg)
AIPS 1:                                    APARM=0 => flagging(unflag.)
AIPS 1:                                    does not depend on APARM
AIPS 1: OPCODE     'FLAG'                  'FLAG','UFLG' or 'REAS'
AIPS 1: REASON     *all ' '                     Reason (24 char.)
AIPS 1: BDROP         0                     First vis. no. to flag
AIPS 1:                                     (not with flag tables)
AIPS 1: EDROP         0                     Last  vis. no. to flag
AIPS 1:                                     (not with flag tables)

Just to clarify, after i run this, there is no evidence of any unflagged
visibility in any plot.
Also, I ran PRTAB as suggested, but my file apparantly does not have an FG table
associated with it.

Thanks again for the assistance,
-Landon Halloran

 Please use daip at nrao.edu.  I am planning several weeks of vacation in
 the next few months - so let someone else i the group have a chance at
 problems....

 > I am trying to flag all UV data for baselines involving antenna 5 for a
certain
 > time range using UVFLG. Before I do any flagging, I UVPLT my UV data (Ampl.
vs.
 > time) for all baselines and see many visibilities. I then use UVFLG with the
 > following inputs:
 >
 > ANTENNAS 5; BASELINE 0; INFILE ''; TIMERANG 0 7 41 03 0 11 17 18; BCHAN 0;
ECHAN
 > 0
 >
 > I recieve the message "Appears to have ended successfully"
 > Then I try a UVPLT of my flagged data (for all baselines and ) and I recieve
 > message that UVPLT finds 0 points.
 >
 > Why are these inputs resulting in a flagging of all my data?

 Given that you have not shown me your inputs, it is rather hard to
 tell.  The adverb values shown above seem sensible.  But you are not
 showing the rest of the inputs to UVFLG or UVPLT.

 It would be best to first examine the FG table.  Use PRTAB with
 INEXT-'FG' and DOHMS=1.  Does it show what you expect?  If not, the
 problem lies in the use of UVFLG, else in the use of UVPLT.