[daip] [forwarded from alessandro parlavecchio] gcc-2.95.3 compiler

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 19 11:45:37 EST 2005

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: alessandro parlavecchio <alessan30 at yahoo.it>
To: tech at nrao.edu
Subject: gcc-2.95.3 compiler
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:16:02 +0100 (CET)

Hello, my name is Alessandro Parlavecchio,

I’m a student trying to working with AIPS to reduce interferometric data.

I had already installed Linux Mandrake 9, 2.4.22 version with gcc 3.31 compiler.

I’ve seen your notes about the compiler in order to which I’ve downloaded gcc 2.95.3., and make the procedure you estabilished before install Aips, but there ‘s a problem, in fact I’ve created a directory  in /usr/local to install the compiler but when I send ./configure, it doesn’t work, making the following message:

Created “Makefile in /home/Alessandro/Documents/Linux/AIPS/gcc-2.95.3./configure: line 7: cc: command not found

The command ‘ cc –o conftest –g conftest.c’ failed

You must see the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

I don’t have anyother compiler apart that above mentioned.

What can I do ?

Thanks for time you spend for it