[daip] need help with installing AIPS

Bryan Dunlap bcd at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jan 7 09:49:21 EST 2005

Dr. Greisen:

Thanks for your previous help.  I have put the following entries in
DADEVS.LIST:

-  /n/35/aips-31DEC05/DATA/STELLAR_1
-  /n/35/36/aips/DATA/STELLAR_2
-  /n/35/37/aips/DATA/STELLAR_3

and renamed the second directory to match this, so the hostname is
contained in the directory name.  Unfortunately, now we get this:

>mcat
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  1
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  2
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  3
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 15 NREC =        6
AIPS 1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU = 6144 BEYOND EOF = 5120
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)

We still cannot see the contents of any of the directories in AIPS.  I
have triple checked file/directory permissions and ownerships
(everything, including both AIPS installation and data files, is owned
by user Dr. Kaufman).  The second directory in particular has over 2400
files; none of them are empty.

--
        ==BD