[daip] AIPS & HEALPIX

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:57:56 EST 2005

Volker Heesen writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I would like to ask: Can aips handle HEALPIX-format files? Is there a
 > possibility to transform HEALPIX to ordinary fits-files? Thank you!

The answer to the former question is no - perhaps if we install wcslib
everywher in aips then maybe but it is unlikely that I will do that
install.  I estimate that it would take 3-6 months during which there
would be virtually no support for aips - i.e. no one to answer
questions like this.

The latter question should be addressed to a larger audience.  I will
forward it to fitsbits.