[daip] aisp 31DEC06 XASERVERS bug

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 15 13:21:19 EST 2005

Krzysztof Chyzy writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have installed (upgraded) my aips software to 31DEC06 using tarball
 > downloaded on 15 Dec. The system was recompiled with gnu 2.95.3 compiler
 > on Thunderbird AMD linux machine with REDHAT 9 in KDE environment.
 >
 > When running, all was working except msgsrv and teksrv servers. These two
 > servers opened xterms without a title string at the top and the following
 > error messages in the xterm windows:

     This is odd.  It works fine on our RedHat 9 machines in KDE
environments.  We saw this problem in Solaris machines that do not
seem to handle the single quotes surrounding the command to be
executed.  But other Linux machines seem to require them!

     I suggest that you restore the XASERVERS to its normal form in
$SYSUNIX after copying your version into $SYSLOCAL.   Then the MNJ
will not interfere with your corrections.  Note that UNIXSERVERS also
has this grammar.  I am left not understanding this whole business -
why are quotes required sometimes and apparently forbidden other
times.

Eric Greisen