[daip] Moving user files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 25 12:31:17 EDT 2005

Roderick Johnstone writes:
 > Was I right in thinking that data areas with old public catalogues will
 > continue to use them while new data areas will get the default per user
 > catalogue of the binary installation?

This decision is made based on the contents of the SP file for the
individual computers involved.  The SP file is one of those in the
$DA00 area for that computer.  Note that SETPAR lets you change the
value from one positive number to another but not from 0 to positive
or positive to zero since that changes how the files are named.  That
is why I said to use FILAIP to change that computer from the one to
the other.  The binary installation gives you paraform versions of
these files and they get copied to the new machine.  It is all very
complicated and arcane and we should probably simply eliminate the
public catalog option so as to avoid this problem.