[daip] AIPS under Redhat Enterprise Linux

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Aug 24 12:49:40 EDT 2005

I had my computer "upgraded" to RHEL 4 recently.  AIPS appears to do the
right thing under it so far.  However, there is a substantial loss of
responsiveness in the TV to mouse input -- either moving or buttons, when
an image is loaded or mouse input is needed (I'm not sure which).

I'd be happy to demonstrate this to anyone interested.  Perhaps this
should be investigated before too many other computers get the upgrade.

-Walter