[daip] Re: midnight job

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 5 13:15:28 EDT 2005

thyagarajan at astro.rug.nl writes:

 > and that is all i get related to TPMON. i hope that means it is ok now. is
 > it?

    In another window do a ps -elf and see if a process named TPMON1
is running.  If it is then all should be well.

 >    i was curious to see what the MNJ is about. does it update patches or
 > what does it do? i tried running that with
 >
 > [nithya at guest8 ~]$ ./do_daily.localhost
 >
 > the do_daily.localhost in my home and the message was
 >
 > AIPSUPD - cd /home/software/AIPS/AIPS_ROOT/31DEC05/LINUX/UPDATE
 > AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20050805.165329
 > AIPSUPD - LogFile is
 > /home/software/AIPS/AIPS_ROOT/31DEC05/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20050805.165329.LOG
 > AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is
 > /home/software/AIPS/AIPS_ROOT/31DEC05/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20050805.165329.ERR
 > AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
 > UPDCVS - no $HOME/.cvspass; cvs should be primed with

      You could copy from the root home area to your home area the
file .cvspass or follow the instructions below

 > UPDCVS - a command like so:
 > UPDCVS - /usr/bin/cvs -d
 > :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login
 > UPDCVS - This should have been done by MAKE.MNJ.
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1
 >
 > i don't know if this is ok but i just felt it was different from what i
 > saw yesterday when i was trying to copy the libg2c.so file from your
 > place. is this looking ok?

Yesterday you did it as root and the files were in place.  Today they
are not okay yet for your account.

Main tip - use inputs, read the helps and read the CookBook.