[daip] Re: midnight job

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 5 10:35:34 EDT 2005

thyagarajan at astro.rug.nl writes:
 > hi,
 >   and what do i do with this?

 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 > AIPS 1: UNABLE TO READ SAVE/GET FILE NAMED LASTEXIT.  CHECK $DA01:SG*

I was afraid of this - you should NEVER NEVER install AIPS as root.
We were wondering a little whether that mught be the cause of some of
the other troubles.

Now as root

Change the owner and group IDs of the entire AIPS tree to some
non-root account.  AIPS users should be members of whatever group owns
the files and there should be group write privilege on some of the
files - the data ones.