[daip] Installing 31DEC04 on Mac OS X

Mairi Brookes mhb at roe.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 19:20:00 EDT 2005

Hi

I am trying to install AIPS on my Mac (running Tiger).
Everything appears to go well until I get to actually installng when I get
the following error message:

AipsWiz: Running Readline 'configure' in quiet mode, and then make...
configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
AipsWiz: Error: Either the configure or make step failed in
AipsWiz: Error: /Users/mbrookes/AIPS/31DEC04/MACPPC/LIBR/GNU/.
AipsWiz: Error: This means INSTEP3/INSTEP4 will not work.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::

Here is my final check:

Screen 11: FINAL REVIEW before installing!
This is your last, best hope for checking the settings before
committing to the install.  Please check thesesettings, and
make sure they are what you want:

   AIPS_ROOT (screen 3): /Users/mbrookes/AIPS
       Group (screen 4): mbrookes
 Group Write (screen 4): YES
Architecture (screen 5): MACPPC
   Site name (screen 5): BROOKES
  AIPS hosts (screen 6): MAC05203155450
  Data areas (screen 7):     Printers (screen 8):
_137_78_212_48|137.78.212.48            PS      NONE   (no description
supplied by installer)
  Paper type (screen 8): A
 Tape drives (screen 9):   Tape hosts (screen 9): 127.0.0.1
   Advanced (screen 10): (not listed here)

You can skip back to a previous menu by entering its number,
or use the phrase 'start over' to go back  to the beginning.
         [You may also type B for back, or Q to Quit]

AipsWiz: ===> [A]ccept (default) or menu number:

If you have any advice I would appreciate it,

thanks,

Mairi Brookes

JPL
4800 Oak Grove Drive