[daip] fail to build XAS

Kazuya Hachisuka hkazuya at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Wed Sep 22 10:25:53 EDT 2004

Dear NARO staff,

I am trying to install the AIPS (31DEC04) into my
laptop, but the install wizard was stopped when
it tried to build a XAS at the beginning of the
installation, before INSTEP 2.

My laptop is a ThinkPad X22 which works on the
RedHat 7.2. I installed a compiler gcc-2.95.3 and
revised FDEFAULT.SH.

I installed the AIPS (31DEC02) into the same system
successfully at two years ago, but now I can't do it.
Recently I changed a HDD because the HDD was broken,
then I installed the RedHat again.

Do I have to install some libraries or other compiler?
Otherwise do I have to install the newest version of
Linux?

Thank you.

Best regards,
K. Hachisuka