[daip] start of AIPS

Hermine Landt hlandt at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 20 08:53:23 EDT 2004

 hi,

I have a problem starting AIPS. I get the error message below.
thanks in advance for your help,

Hermine

START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the (no description supplied by
installer)
START_AIPS:  - system name monolith, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.008
  (Using global default file /u1/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
                  /u1/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1 is currently unavailable.

START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!
START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)