[daip] RE: Archived data "AT272"

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:16:24 EST 2004

Data Analysts writes:

> [...]

What version of aips are you running?  At these very short
wavelengths, when using Pie Town, the VLA has to shift its "center".
AIPS was not told about this for years and so only moderately recently
was able to apply the appropriate corrections to the antenna stations
for the shifted center.  The routine that writes the AN table, looks
at the antenna station locations and finds the station name.  If the
locations have not been corrected, it will not find them.  This
appears to be the case in your data.  You should get a modern version
of aips.