[daip] AIPS: solaris vs. redhat

Skinner Steve skinners at mambo.Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 3 10:43:56 EST 2004

  Eric-

  I just figured out the problem and got
  wrtdisk to work.

  The key seems to be to 'setenv MYAREA' in the same
  window as AIPS is started in, before starting
  AIPS.

  I'm writing out some AIPS files now in FITS,
  and we will try to run some tests on  our Linux
  system soon (our system folks are working on
  getting AIPS running on the Linux server today).

  So, hopefully this will fly.

  Tx
  Steve Skinner

     *                                                     *
     *  Steve Skinner                                      *
     *                                                     *
     *  Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy (CASA) *
     *  389 UCB                                            *
     *  University of Colorado                             *
     *  Boulder, CO 80309-0389 USA                         *
     *  Tel.    303-492-4202                               *
     *  Fax.    303-492-4052                               *
     *  E-mail  skinners at casa.colorado.edu                 *
     *  Web:    http://casa.colorado.edu                   *