[daip] AIPS: solaris vs. redhat

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:38:12 EST 2004

I am sorry but I have no idea - I had first thought that perhaps you
exited aips with a ctrl-z to set the environment variable and then did
an fg and go.  That would produce these symptoms.  But your
description of your actions indicates that you did not do this.

I take it that you are running on a solaris machine when trying to run
FITTP.  Perhaps you should try FITS as the logical which should be set
in advance in your aips installation.  That is also the default but
the proc does not allow you to use defaults.  See if that works.

The new Enterprise systems have not been fully tested and so might
develop quirks, but older Solaris should be fully tested.

Let me know what you discover...

Thanks,