[daip] 31DEC04 installation problem

Bob Zavala bzavala at nofs.navy.mil
Tue Mar 2 17:12:00 EST 2004

I just installed, as root, 31DEC04 on a Linux box using RedHat 9.
The attached file records what happened as I tried to run aips
as myself (bzavala, member of aipsuser group) on this same machine.
The teksrv, msgsrv, and tv windows opened successfully.

I was returned to the command prompt after the final line in the
31DEC04.aips.out file.

The permissions on the file DA01:MSD001000.001
are:

[bzavala at MEDEA DATA]$ ls -l MEDEA_1/MSD001000.001\;
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     adm         14336 Mar  2 14:19
MEDEA_1/MSD001000.001;

I expected that the group would be "aipsuser" vice "adm",
is that the problem?

Thank you,

Bob Zavala