[daip] Re: 31DEC03-AIPS and PCQLinux9

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 22 12:53:56 EDT 2004

Dharam Vir Lal writes:

 > i had installed 31DEC03 version of AIPS (/home/aips/...)
 > on my pentium IV machine, when i had RedHat Linux 9 on it.
 > a week back, we faced problems with "X" related commands.
 > so, we changed RedHat Linux 9 to PCQ Linux 9 !
 >
 > now, i find that all the TV based tasks, e.g. IMAGR/TVFLG/...
 > of AIPS are terribly slow.
 >
 > could you please let us know, how can we fix this problem.

I do not know what PCQ Linux 9 is.

I would need to know much more about what you mean by "slow".  For
example, is IMAGR slow when you run it with DOTV=-1?  Even with
DOTV=+1 it spends most of its time not in the TV mode, is it slow only
when displaying/manipulating the image on the TV?

Have you tried TV=LOCAL when starting AIPS as well as the internet
version of the TV.  When the TV starts what DISPLAY variable is used?
(That is part of the messages that come out when it starts.)