[daip] integration time

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:19:02 EDT 2004

 > First, I just realized that I do need to know the integration time exactly, not for
 > self cal but for griding during flagging.

    You do not need to know this - there is a single time recorded
with the data and you flag that time not a single-record time range.
PRTUV will show you the usual time differences if you need to flag
more than one and TVFLG etc will handle things just fine.

 > However don't you need to know the integration time in order to determine the
 > weights? Is it possible to derive the integration time from the weights?

        FILLM and the VLBA correlator do know the integration times
and weights are set using them.  The apparent Tsys varies by a factor
of 3 or so between correlators so the weights do not directly tell you
the integration time.

Why are you so hung up on a parameter we do not find useful even when
the data set is very mixed (space VLBI)?

Eric Greisen