[daip] integration time

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Jun 20 19:07:50 EDT 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Kristy Dyer wrote:

#Eric,
#
#First, I just realized that I do need to know the integration time exactly, not for

The VLA correlator can only do one integration time at a given time so the
minimum in your data (as found with PRTUV etc) is your integration time,
maybe rounded off in AIPS with the numbers given below (from the observe
file manual).  Valid integration times are any integer multiple of 5/3
seconds. Clearly you have 6 2/3 seconds, which fits all the PRTUV increment
numbers you gave previously (because some visibilities in between were
flagged), and because it is 2/3 (an infinite fraction) AIPS has to round it
off and may get confused or at least not report and/or display the exact
time stamp in e.g. PRTUV.

see http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~vlaops/OpsDoc.html

COL	FORMAT	DESCRIPTION
1-4	//DS	Identifies card as a data select card.
16-18	12	On-line integration time in seconds (right justified)
			0,9,10		10 seconds
			1		1 2/3 seconds
			2,3		3 1/3 seconds
			4,5		5 seconds
			6		6 2/3 seconds
			7, 8 		8 1/3 seconds
			BLANK		Default integration time

where default I think is 60 sec for B, C, D array and 10 sec for A array

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at aoc.nrao.edu
c/o NRAO Array Operations Center       Phone:  +1-505-835-7332
    P.O. Box 0 (1003 Lopezville Rd)    Switch: +1-505-835-7000
    Socorro NM 87801                   Fax:    +1-505-835-7027