[daip] RE: GNU 2.95.3 with RedHat Linux 7.3

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:25:04 EDT 2004

Hough, David H. writes:

 > OK, got it, TV works OK now - thanks much.
 >
 > EXCEPT...we installed a newer AIPS version (31DEC03),
 > using the recommended 2.95.3 compiler, because
 > we figured the problem we were having was due to an
 > outdated version (31DEC02) using the bad compiler (2.96).
 > But we're now having exactly the same problem in both versions
 > of AIPS, which is:
 >
 >       When running IMAGR, we cannot exit the task normally,
 >       but must abort! Reaching the iteration limit or
 >       choosing STOP CLEANING on the screen does not lead
 >       to the normal polite exit. This is happening ONLY
 >       with new data (BH118C, observed 24APR04) that we just
 >       received from the correlator - IMAGR behaves just
 >       fine with older data sets. Can it really be a
 >       problem with the data set and not the software?!

It sounds as if something is hanging up during the normal completion
process.  I assume that it has something to do with your data or disk
files or something - if IMAGR was failing generally I would hear about
it from all directions almost instantly.

Could you send me your INPUTS and the messages that come out?

ERic Greisen