[daip] aips install question

Chip Kobulnicky chipk at uwyo.edu
Fri Jul 23 20:07:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just successfully (I think) replaced a DEC03 version of AIPS with
DEC04 on redhat 7.3 and I've defined the existing aips data directories
in DA00 and DATA but when starting aips it can't seem to find my
existing catalog files.  As you can see from the transcript below, the
disk exists, and a listing in that directory shows a catalog files for
user 1708=1BG

-rw-rw-r--    1 chip     users        5120 Jun 11 14:14 CAD000000.1BG;
-rw-rw-r--    1 chip     users        5120 Jun 11 14:23 CAD000000.1BH;
-rw-rw-r--    1 chip     users        5120 Jun 11 14:24 CAD000000.1C6;

but I get the errors as below.  What might I have missed?  Is it
suspicious that when I:

 >print user
AIPS 1:      0

I get user 0 even though I've started aips as 1708?

Thanks,
Chip Kobulnicky
U. Wyoming

     No. [ type  ] Description
      1. [     PS] B&W in PS227
      2. [     PS] B&W in PS204a
      3. [     PS] B&W in ps204c
      4. [PS-CMYK] Color Phaser

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 3]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the B&W in ps204c
START_AIPS:  - system name 204c, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
   (Using global default file /usr/local/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
    Disk 1 (1) is /usr/local/aips/DATA/ZEM_1

Tape assignments:
    Tape 1 is REMOTE
    Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called zem
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on zem asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on ZEM asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC04 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC04) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   4
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   4
  ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000;          NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host zem, user chip
XASERVERS: XAS is already running on host zem, display :0, user chip
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host zem, display :0, user chip
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host zem, display :0, user chip
1708
AIPS 1:                          31DEC04 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit
 >mc
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CAD000000;          NOT FOUND
 >restore 0
 >mc
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CAD000000;          NOT FOUND
 >free
AIPS 1: Disk Volume name              Total Full       Free Timd Access
AIPS 1:  #                           blocks    %     blocks days
AIPS 1:  1  <cal/aips/DATA/ZEM_1  108191232   66   35274356  365 Alluser