[daip] ATCA Data, MNJ in 31DEC04

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 18 10:10:09 EST 2004

Yosi Gelfand writes:

 > 1) I'm trying to read into AIPS multi-configuration ATCA data.  The MIRIAD
 > manual says to use the task ATLOD, but when i try task 'atlod' it says no
 > task exists.  I was wondering if I need to add ATLOD separately from the
 > typical installation or another task incorporates this.

    The AT chose to write this task themselves and to keep it to
themselves.  I suppose this kept them from our scrutiny on their
coding habits and allows them to modify formats without having to work
with us.  You must get ATLOD from the AT folks.

 > 2) How can I check in Midnight Job is running properly?  Thank you -- Yosi

You should get an e-mail or two each time it runs.  If you do not then
either it was set up in some way so that the mail does not reach you
or it is not working.  Note that the MNJ we set up in install.pl is
just a script.  If you want it to run regularly, then you must set up
a cron to execute that script.  On occasion there are problems with
that.  Many cron systems do not do the usual login and so the $PATH is
nearly nil.  This may mean that paths to compilers and other system
services are not known and the job fails.

Go to $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC04/$ARCH/UPDATE

Do an ls -lt | more
and look at the dates.

do cat LAST*DAT* and see what that says.

If you have questions send me the output from those commands