[daip] Re: Downloading data from the Internet

Data Analysts analysts at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Feb 13 13:33:07 EST 2004

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From tomo at jhu.edu Fri Feb 13 08:13 MST 2004
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:13:35 -0500
From: Tomo Goto <tomo at jhu.edu>
To: Data Analysts <analysts at zia.aoc.nrao.edu>
Subject: Re: Downloading data from the Internet

Dear Jason,
I managed to open the data with AIPS (infile 'AG657_' worked although
real file name is 'AG657_1')
But my tvwindow does not open with my local computer.
I checked
xdpyinfo | grep depth
  it returns
  depth: 24 planes

So, I think my linux display is set to 24bit color.

When I start aips, it complains that
TVSERVER: could not get ssslock service by name: Invalid Argument
TVSERVER: check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map

I think something might be wrong around here.

when I type
tvin
ZSSL2: tcp/ssslock NOT A SERVICE
AIPS 2:ZSSSLK ERROR 2 ON LOCK
AIPS 2:ON LOCK ERROR FROM ZSSSLK
AIPS 2:YTVOPEN: TVLOCK OPEN ERROR 6
AIPS 2:TV OPEN ERROR 6

Could you help me to open tvwindow, please?

I am using redhat linux 9 and 31DEC04 version of AIPS.
Thank you very much,
Tomo

Tomo Goto
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, The Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
http://acs.pha.jhu.edu/~tomo/cv/index.html

----- End Included Message -----