[daip] Help with AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 29 12:36:28 EST 2004

Jonathan Mines writes:

 > 1.  When I ran FILLM, at the end I receive the following error message
 > (It is not the same as the previous one from running PRTAN.):
 >
 > FILLM1: Found 0437-187        :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:25:10.0
 > FILLM1: Found MU_LEP          :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:28:30.0
 > FILLM1: Found 0437-187        :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:37:10.0
 > FILLM1: Opening /home/mines/bin/aips/DATA/AB1137_1.xp2
 > FILLM1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = /home/mines/bin/aips/DAT NOT FOUND

    By DEFAULT, FILLM will try to read multiple files until one is
missing - in this case the 2nd.  You can control this with adverb
NCOUNT.  There is no error to wrroy about.

 > FILLM1: FLDKIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
 > FILLM1: MCRECO: ERROR    8 OPENING DISK FILE    2
 > FILLM1: Read    373495 visibilities from  1 files
 > FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
 > FILLM1: phbehar2     31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       3.6  Real=       4
 >

 > 2.  When I attempted to run LISTR, it did not work and I received the following error message:
 >

 > ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 >  ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
 > LISTR1: ZLPOPN: printer file = /tmp/ZLPOPN.a03695
 > /home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 204: [: too many arguments
 > /home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 217: [: =: unary operator expected
 > /home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 234: [: =: unary operator expected
 > /home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 241: [: `)' expected, found PREVIEW
 > LISTR1: Unknown printer type  on the
 > LISTR1: (ZLPCL2 doesn't know what to do for that type of printer)

   This suggests that $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/PRDEVS.LIST is not set up
correctly.  You have asked it to go to some printer about which it
knows nothing.

Eric Greisen