[daip] Help with AIPS

Jonathan Mines mines at physics.technion.ac.il
Wed Dec 29 12:29:21 EST 2004

Eric and/or Technical Support,

Thank you for your quick reply.  I will try to fix the problem shortly.
It may be in my best interest to ask you about two additional error
messages so that all of the problems can be taken care of at once.

1.  When I ran FILLM, at the end I receive the following error message
(It is not the same as the previous one from running PRTAN.):

FILLM1: Found 0437-187        :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:25:10.0
FILLM1: Found MU_LEP          :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:28:30.0
FILLM1: Found 0437-187        :    0 50.000 MHz at IAT   0/ 10:37:10.0
FILLM1: Opening /home/mines/bin/aips/DATA/AB1137_1.xp2
FILLM1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = /home/mines/bin/aips/DAT NOT FOUND
FILLM1: FLDKIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
FILLM1: MCRECO: ERROR    8 OPENING DISK FILE    2
FILLM1: Read    373495 visibilities from  1 files
FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
FILLM1: phbehar2     31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       3.6  Real=       4

2.  When I attempted to run LISTR, it did not work and I received the following error message:

ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
LISTR1: ZLPOPN: printer file = /tmp/ZLPOPN.a03695
/home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 204: [: too many arguments
/home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 217: [: =: unary operator expected
/home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 234: [: =: unary operator expected
/home/mines/bin/aips/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/ZLPCL2: line 241: [: `)' expected, found PREVIEW
LISTR1: Unknown printer type  on the
LISTR1: (ZLPCL2 doesn't know what to do for that type of printer)
ZLPCL2: Success
LISTR1: ZLPCL2: ignoring error 0 from pclose()
LISTR1: a child process will delete /tmp/ZLPOPN.a03695 in 300 seconds
LISTR1: Appears to have ended successfully
LISTR1: phbehar2     31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes

Lastly, out of curosity, what is "a child process"?  Thank you for your
assistance.

Jonathan Mines